Are you one of those business newbies who confuse themselves in choosing whether they need to have a website or not? Think again.
Some business owners would say they do not need a website just because their business is not online. Their common reasons could be: “they’re too expensive”, “they don’t have the time”, “they are not tech savvy”, and the most legendary, “I have enough business, I don’t need one.”
These reasons can be practical as you might think, but the truth is if youare a business owner wanting to grow your brand, you NEED to have a website.
In this post, we will discuss a deeper reason why you should need to have a website for your business, things you need to point out with your audience, and how can a website help you increase sales and reach market audiences.
In today’s market, a website is used a promotional tool for products and services. Some business owners chose not have one due to a number of reasons like its too pricey, they don’t have much time to do it, they are not so techie, and most of all, they don’t need one, because they already have enough business to sustain.
But practically one should need a website in order to establish a business. There are significant reasons to celebrate in having a website.
- It is convenient when it comes to showcasing products and services.
- It is not expensive as you might think.
- Customers mostly search online.
- Customers need credibility.
- It can save you time.
- It can act as a resource page for your staff.
- A website makes a social image for your brand.
- It becomes a competitive threat for other brand companies.
Reasons why you need to have a website for your business
Establishing your own website in pursuit to promote your brand across market platforms is a bit challenging.
You don’t need to be a tech savvy, all you need is to get a professional website or sought help from a competent IT solutions specialist that could help you put up your own website. It is cheap and easy unlike having none (website), which could cost you more time and money.
A recent research states thatmore and more consumers are now opting to shop online for their everyday needs. It revealed that out of more than 2,500 consumers surveyed around the world (including 1,000 in the US), at least 70% of the respondents are undertaking some form of online consumer packaged goods (CPG) shopping activity. The largest group from each country surveyed are millennial shopper from ages 18-29.
Indeed, businesses big or small should have a website to reach market audiences and increase sales because most transactions are increasingly happening online.
- You can showcase your products and servicesefficiently. One main reason in having a website is that, here, you can display your products or outline your services with good pictures. Provided with short video tutorials and downloadable PDF instructions giving no reason for hesitant online visitors to purchase elsewhere. It’s a port of call for customers to know about your business.
- It is not as expensive or as hard as you might think. Websites offer the best return on investment than any other form of advertising, hence it is cost effective. In terms of creating a website, many web development companies have designed very simple signup process making it much painless for you.
- Your customers mostly search online. Research shows that 81% of shoppers perform online research before making any purchase. Customers browse through Google and type in keywords like “ladies bags”, “leather jackets for men”, and if they are certain of what they are buying, “fully handcrafted women’s shoes in Paris.” A series of keywords, meta descriptions, and titles are just some of the things you can customize on your site to improve your Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Your customers need social credibility. Having a website boosts an instant credibility for your legitimate business. In fact, 56% of people said they won’t trust a business without a website. Also, 75% of people admit to making judgments on a company’s credibility based on website design so we better have awesome page design layouts.
- It can save you time. Communicating with potential customer takes time whether by answering emails, chats, or calls, that’s why having a website gives you a time-efficient platform wherein online customers can simply navigate on your page to scan through your provided Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section to answer common customer queries.
- It can be a resource page for your staff. Your website is not only efficient for your customers, it can also be beneficial platform for your employees. Consider creating a resource center or orphan page with a direct link not visible to anyone consisting of numerous self-help videos, instructional materials, and even internal memos and updates to help your team learn everything they need to know and better disseminate their own schedules.
- You are making a social image for your brand. Your website shapes the online perception of your business. It positions yourself in the market on what type of customers you cater thus, effectively reaching your target audience. Also, potential buyers tend to look for online reviews associated with your product so include positive customer testimonials to impress prospective buyers. Research suggest that 79% of users who read online reviews, believe them.
- A competitive threat for other brand companies. You are not the only one having a website, your competitors do have as well. Usually, a consumer starts their buying journey from research and recommendations from friends and other social network connections. Once they got an idea of what they need or want, they start researching. Based on a report, 72% go online to find educational material, reviews, and testimonials.
Therefore, planning to have a website is not as hard to make or as expensive as you might think. It’s much helpful and is a better return of investment because customers mostly search online, it provides an efficient platform to showcase your products and services, a better social image and credibility for your brand, an efficient resource page for your employees, time-saving, improves your SEO metrics, and a competitive threat for other brand companies.
If you have an idea, we are happy to listen. Contact US.